A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Getting coupons in the mail


I have mentioned it before but Coupoing to Disney has a great campaign where she suggests 5 companies to email a day in order to get coupons in the mail.  Check it out 5 a day program.  Now obviously these have to be companies that you have tried, you want to be honest and let them know about a product you like or dislike.  She has some examples of emails she has written both compliments and complaints.  She never outright asks for coupons.  I personally do, so you can decide what method works best for you.  Many times when you do this you can expect at least one coupon for a free item.  These free coupons really lowered my out of pocket this past week when I went shopping at Meijer's and Kroger.  I actually got overage because of some of these coupons! For example Bar S sent me a coupon for $5.00 worth of any products! I used this at the Meijer 10 for 10 sale.  This sale you bought 10 items at $1 each and got an item free making each item then costing only $.90.  Well I bought 5 packages of sausage with the $5 however I also bought 10 items to get one for free making them cost only a total of $4.50 but I still got credit for a $5.00 coupon meaning I had $.50 to go toward another item. 
Also a lot of my organic coupons have coupons only sparadoically or not at all like Food Taste Good Chips, Bolthouse drinks, etc.  You can get more coupons by emailing these companies or signing up for their newsletters. 
One other thing is that you may not think signing up for samples are worth your time but remember 99% of the time these also come with coupons.  So if you haven't tried these methods yet definitely start so you can build up your coupon stash and get some free products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment