A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Guest Post: Make Your Own Baby Food Courtesy of Spectacular Savings

I didn't make baby food for my oldest daughter. I didn't even try because I assumed that it would be too time consuming and, at that time, I was working full time. Boy was I wrong ! Not only is it easy, it really doesn't take a lot of time at all.


Now it's time for my youngest daughter to start solids. I decided to start with sweet potatoes. Why? Because I had read that they were inexpensive at Walmart. I only bought 2 because I had no idea what I was doing. We don't eat sweet potatoes and there was no sign so I wasn't even positive that I was buying sweet potatoes! I will tell you later how much I actually spent!

Now, let me explain just how easy this was! I started out by poking holes in them, wrapping them in tinfoil, and putting them in the oven for about an hour (while watching tv with my husband).

When they were soft, I cut them open down the middle and spooned the insides out. I put them in the food processor (the one that we got for our wedding six years ago and had never used!) and added a little breastmilk (water or formula works too). I wasn't sure how much liquid to use but I just kept adding a little until it was thin enough.
 
 
Then, I spooned it into the ice cube tray, covered it with plastic wrap, and put it in the freezer!



 
The results......a happy baby! And a happy mommy!
Total cost: $.48!


I used this wonderful website to guide me!

My thoughts: Here's another good article I'm bringing to you because I have no knowledge of the subject and I hope it helps! Thanks Spectacular Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment