A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Newspaper Tips



If you have read some of my posts you know I consider myself to be still a beginning couponer.  Most bloggers have been couponing for years even if they recently started blogging.  I feel my job is to find useful information for myself to improve and to pass it on to you.  So even though I have some results I am constantly reading Beginner coupon series on other blogs to reinforce ideas and learn new tidbits. 

Well one thing I have heard reiterated over and over is always get the newspaper with the widest distribution.  Don't get your city paper or even your County paper get the one with the widest distribution.  So I have a home subscription to the Detroit News & Free Press. 

However I was reading Just Living Life's Couponing basics and she said she got the Chicago Tribune since they have better and more coupons! First I had heard of a Michigan Blogger saying that the widest distribution for us is actually Chicago!  Well after chatting with her you can get the Chicago Tribune at Barnes and Nobles (It is 7 miles from my house and not near anything I really do) I just picked one up this morning.  I won't do this every week but on the big week's that I buy extra papers I may. 

Here are some differences just from the P&G:
$.20/1 vs. $.25/1 downy
$.50/1 vs. $1.00 PeptoBismol
$.25/1 vs. $1.00 Gilde Floss
$.75/1 vs. $1.00/1 Oral-B Pulsar
$.25/1 vs. $1.00/1 Fixodent
$.25/3 vs. $1.00/3 Puffs
$.50/4 vs. $1.00/4 Pringles

So yeah this will now be on my tips and tricks list!

How do you maximize your coupon stash?

No comments:

Post a Comment