A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Frugal Superbowl Party


Here is a picture of my spread and here are the results of my Frugal Superbowl party.

Here’s a little breakdown of things I served:

Pita Chips – Free already on hand purchased from VGs within last month
Pretzels – Free purchased the week of at shopping trip at VGs
Tortilla Chips, Planters, cups, bowls, other nuts, bottled water and pepperoni – grabbed from stockpile bought a while back
Hummus - $.50 purchased within last month at VGs
Feta Cheese - $1.89 purchased within last month at VGs
Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers (2) – free
Light Ranch Dip - $.50 purchased that week at VGs
Napkins - $1.39 purchased that week at Kroger
Chex Mix – Free purchased within last month from Kroger
Multigrain Crackers – Free purchased within last month from Kroger

Things not pictures: Barbacue Meatballs - $.90 at VGs bought that week, BBQ free and grabbed from stockpile
Large Salad - $5.00 from Aldi’s
Dressings – Grabbed from stockpile
Cheese – Free bought within last month at Meijer
Taco Dip – Hormel Turkey Chili – Free, 3 jars of salsa – two free one $.50, one can of Rotel – free, cream cheese – free, 1 ½ packs of cheese slices – free
Beer - $12.49 (not all of it was drank and will be submitting for rebate so actual final cost will be at least $7.50 less)
Pop – 5 – 12 packs bought or 60 cans bought at CVS for about $18 (used some ECBs) for about $.30 a can plus deposit (Not all of it was drank and also needed for rebate so actual final cost will also be about $7.50 less)
6 Digiorno Pizzas free from House Party.
So my total out of pocket was about $40 to provide various snacks, pop and beer to my guests and this was purchased over the period of at least 4 weeks. (An average of $10 a week very easy on the budget and easy to squeeze in I believe.) I still have snacks and pop left and they will be set out again for my parents’ anniversary reducing my out of pocket costs for that as well. In addition I will be submitting for a $15 rebate bringing my final out of pocket to $25.

Let me know how you did at yours and/or things you do to save money at your parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment