A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Monday, November 23, 2009

Grocery Store Roll Call 11/22/09 (Note I took a break!)

So I had a lot of things to get this week some very specific things.  I know a lot of stay at home mom's can usually spend two hours or so preparing for their shopping trips however with me working full-time and devorting another 18 -20 hours in volunteer service I work on my coupons usually daily.  Well Thursday night is usually a big night I was really tired and was having a sneezing fit from allergies.  So I decided that this week I would *gasp* go shopping without coupons.  I have posted a couple things on here before about preventing burn-out or shopping without coupons etc, so I did a week of that (well mostly I did hit the pharmacies with some as those are much shorter trips. It is easy to gather 3 - 5 coupons for those.)   I wanted a lot of produce and I was out of chicken so I stocked up on all frozen chicken (chicken tenders, strips, and breasts).  I also got frozen shrimp.  If you consider that while looking below I think I still did pretty good.

Aldi's (Again we will just take the general consensus that Aldi's saves overall about 50%)
Items purchased: 48
Total Spent: 76.36
Total Saved: 152.72
Precentage Saved: 50%

Walgreens
Items purchased: ??
Total Spent: $11.74
Total Saved: $37.05
Precentage Saved: 75.9%

CVS #1
Items purchased: 13
Total Spent: $7.63
Total Saved: $41.40
Precentage Saved: 84.4%
(Received $19 in ECBs)

CVS #2
2 Complete Contact Lens Solution $8.99 saved $1 each
2 $1/1 coupons
Used $16 in extracare bucks (I actually calculated a little wrong and should've only used $15 this actually made my total negative which it shouldn't be but the cashier pushed it through any way.  I had different denomanations so I could've asked for a $2 ECB back and replaced it with another $1 ECB and paid a little more OOP so I got fortunate on this one!)
Total Spent: $1.06
Total Saved: $20.00
Precentage Saved: 94.9%
(Received $17.98 in ECBs)

Also made a small trip to Kroger for store brand dried beans and more produce that wasn't found at Aldi's. I spent about $10 and the receipt had a saving of only $.61.

So if we take into account that Aldi's saves 50% then I purchased $282.21 for $106.80 for a total savings of 62.2%.  I now have a well-stocked freezer, a lot of fresh produce and purchased a lot of extra cold medicine and make-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment