A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crockpot Tender Marinated Pork Loin

This was adapted from everything mom's bargain of the week.  She tries to post a bargain meal based on what is on sale for match ups.  http://everythingmoms.blogspot.com/2009/09/kroger-bargain-recipe-of-week-tender.html
This is last week's recipe and I had most everything on hand.  I had pork loin so I used that instead and it came out great!

2 1/2 - 3 lbs of lean pork loin
1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
3/4 cup Light soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar/brown sugar/sugar substitute
1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard

Place pork in crockpot
Mix all other ingredients together then pour over pork
Cook 8 to 9 hours or until tender

I served it with 1/2 a cup of Quinoa the first and instant mashed potatoes on the side which I had on hand.  I am eating the leftovers as my lunch this week with brown rice that I also had on hand.

Periodically I will try to post budget-friendly and health-friendly recipes that I have tried and like.

No comments:

Post a Comment