A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crockpot Tender Marinated Pork Loin

This was adapted from everything mom's bargain of the week.  She tries to post a bargain meal based on what is on sale for match ups.  http://everythingmoms.blogspot.com/2009/09/kroger-bargain-recipe-of-week-tender.html
This is last week's recipe and I had most everything on hand.  I had pork loin so I used that instead and it came out great!

2 1/2 - 3 lbs of lean pork loin
1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
3/4 cup Light soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar/brown sugar/sugar substitute
1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard

Place pork in crockpot
Mix all other ingredients together then pour over pork
Cook 8 to 9 hours or until tender

I served it with 1/2 a cup of Quinoa the first and instant mashed potatoes on the side which I had on hand.  I am eating the leftovers as my lunch this week with brown rice that I also had on hand.

Periodically I will try to post budget-friendly and health-friendly recipes that I have tried and like.

No comments:

Post a Comment