A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Hidden Costs of Clipping Coupons

Great article.  There's some psychological things you need to keep in check to be sure that you are saving from clipping coupons.  Some people take the savings and then splurge which overall negates the savings and costs you more in the long wrong.

Check out this article for more information:

http://couponing.about.com/od/groceryzone/a/costtoclip.htm

Be sure to keep a budget and set a limit.  One easy way I do it is tell myself I'm not purchasing any items that aren't $.50 (or a dollar depending on my weekly budget.)  This simple rule keeps me in check easily.  I shop at 3 to 4 stores so it is rare that I am buying more than 10 - 15 items.  If I get 15 items for $1.00 or less that keeps me in a reasonable range of $45 - $60 or less if it is one of my lower spending weeks and I am going for $.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment