A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Friday, October 16, 2009

Easy Crockpot Beef Stew

I made one of my classic favorites this week. Here is the general recipe:

Vegetable Beef Stew


4 cans French Onion Soup - low sodium

1 can of peas

1 can of carrots

1 Packet of Beef Tips with Gravy

1 bag of French Onion flavored Potatoes



Throw it all in and turn it on!

Spice it up and make it as difficult as you want. Feel free to cut up your own beef, get fresh vegetables instead whatever. Add more veggies you like, like celery or mushrooms. Try adding a couple cans of diced tomatoes one time for a different more tomatoey flavor. Most of the flavor comes from the French Onion soup so you can change the other things around to your liking.

Cook for 7 to 8 hours on low, 4 hours on high

Above is my general recipe I usually use and pass out when people ask me for the recipe.  I actually made it this week quite different using what I had on hand.  I had canned potatoes added fresh celery, green onions, and white onions that I had left from a previous meal.  I used a packet of onion soup for half the broth then water and beef bouillon cubes (2 cups and 2 cubes) and I also had canned mushrooms.  Turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment