A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Thursday, October 22, 2009

VGs Information and Review

Before coupons I had only ran into a VGs maybe once or twice because it happened to be on my way to somewhere else and one of those times was probably just to go to the bathroom.  I haven't been in the Pontiac VGs in a long time but the Waterford one is really nice.  They even have free complimentary coffee!  I was lured into VGs by their triple coupon promotion.  I heard that Kroger's in other states do this but from my scoping out the blogosphere doesn't seem like they have in MI in about 3 years.  VGs has done it twice (that I could find) this year one for a couple weeks and another time for a whole month.  They tripled coupons up to and including $.99.  It was a great way to build up my stock pile.
VGs usually has marked down meat for about 50% off.  They mark them with yellow tags.  I know other stores do this as well but almost always there is something there when I go on my shopping day on Friday at VGs.  I only occassionally and randomly find mark downs at Meijer's and Kroger and I don't think I've ever found them on meat before.  These are cuts usually to expire in 2 or 3 days and I throw them in the freezer and wait till I am ready to use them. 
VGs also offers the "green discount" of $.05 per bag for bringing your own bags. 
I usually shop at VGs 2 to 3 times a week and sometimes it is a very small trip.  Overall it is a good grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment