A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Friday, October 23, 2009

Target Information and Review

In my college years Target was one of my favorite stores.  They always have cute shirts and they fit my small grocery shopping needs.  A lot of weeks I didn't really need a grocery store just my own snacks and Target did the trick!  After coupons they fell down a little on the list as all around the blogosphere they have a reputation for not being the most coupon friendly of stores. 
I usually don't have problems at the small Target with little selection but more than once I've got stuck at check out needed a manager and had to leave without all or most of my things at the larger new Bloomfield Target.  If I had not been in a hurry I could've want to customer service to discuss it some more but I didn't have the time.  One time I did call corporate report the person's name and receive $6 in coupons to use as a pleased.  So if your new keep this in mind and you may want to avoid Target for a while until you have a little bit more experience.  You can call corporate there in the store (which in my new days I didn't know) and fix it and get everything, but since it is out of my way to go to Target and I get great deals elsewhere they need a really good week to draw me in.  Be sure to always take the coupon policy with you.  It is available on-line and I will post a copy on the next message.  I go there about once every two months now. 
That being said though Target has some great deals.  Like Meijer's they have store coupons that can be stacked with Manufacturer coupons for great savings.  You can get these on their website or on their kiosk in the store (where you'd go for a registry.)
One great thing about Target along with most Pharmacies and Wal-Mart is the trial/travel section.  Ocassionally you can find coupons that say for any size.  When you have on of those you can score free shampoo, lotion, contact solution, toothpaste, single size detergents, etc in the trial section. 
That is a good thing to remember about coupons.  You always want to use it on the smallest size possible to get the most value.
Target also now price matches.  If you find a lower price at another store for an identical item bring the ad with you and they will give you that lower price.
Also most Targets have started given a "green discount" for bringing your own bags so ask about this at the service desk as well.
All things considered Target can be a great place to shop especially if you have one in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment