A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meijer's Store Information and Review

Before my days of coupons Meijer was a store I only went to after all other stores were closed.  It was not my favorite. I'm an efficient person I like to get in and out and it and other superstores were pretty irritating to me as I don't want to have to cross through clothes or housewares to get my Vitamins and medicine from pharmacy and then grocery shop.  But when we needed paint after Home Depot closed they were a life saver.  It just usually was not where I grocery shopped.
Life after coupons is different! On average now I do most of my volume shopping at Meijer although occassionally Kroger wins out.  Meijer has a clear advantage in that they weekly have store "mealbox" coupons that allow you to "stack" a store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon.  This frequently leads to free or very cheap items. 
To access these coupons go to: http://www.meijermealbox.com/
Click the specials tab, choose the coupons you want by adding to your shopping list.  To print click shopping list then print coupons.  I always print as a pdf and print a few of them early in the week. Be sure to read all carefully.  Many are for $1 off 2 or more items, so you would need 2 or more manufacturers coupons to get the best savings.  Some also say limit one per transaction so be sure to read all carefully.
Mealbox coupons never double but most Meijer locations in metro Detroit double the first two identical manufacturer coupons up to $.50.  In some cases to maximize a deal and stockpile you may need to make a few visits or at least do a few separate transactions to maximize.
Meijer also frequently has "catalina" promotions.  A catalina is a coupon that prints out after you buy a certain number of items.  You'll find a list of these on the front page of the Meijer ad on the right hand side and also little white tags detailing the promotion under the actual products.  Paying attention to these can lower your overall costs for future transactions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment