A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Guest Post: Frugality is the new black! Courtesy of Stockpiling Moms

Is frugality the new black? Have you noticed how many couponers are out and about each time you shop? It is amazing to me. When I first started using coupons and building my stockpile I felt like I was “odd man out”. Now it seems to me that frugal “is in”. Because of the recession it not only became a necessity to use coupons and stockpile but it became a way for people to survive. Now I find that being frugal is “in” and I like it!


Every time I am out on a coupon run I find myself bumping into so many people with binders just like me. I see people of all ages and gender strategically using coupons. If I don’t see a person with a coupon binder I almost always see someone with their small accordion file or envelope of clipped coupons. It seems to me that the person without coupons is the person who is in the minority these days.

I decided to look up the definition of frugality. According to Webster – Frugal is characterized by or reflecting economy in the use of resources. According to Wikipedia – Frugality is the practice of acquiring goods and services in a restrained manner, and resourcefully using already owned economic goods and services, to achieve a longer term goal.

I definitely feel like frugality is the new black! I no longer feel “abnormal” using coupons or that I am doing something wrong when I net a free product. It is very “in” to use coupons strategically and to save money. What do you think? Do you agree that Frugality is the new black?

What methods of frugal living do you incorporate in addition to using coupons? I would love to hear how you stretch your dollar and live a more frugal lifestyle!
My thoughts seriously how cute is this post what can I add to this?  I'm new to the frugal lifestyle but my dad has always been frugal and I picked up some of his traits.  I brought my lunch and carried I cooler full of snacks before it was cool. (And my husband then fiancee made fun of me!) So yes let's enjoy our time in the sunshine! Thanks Stockpiling Moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment