A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Guest Post: What Couponing Can Do for You (Part 2) Courtesy of Bargain Blessings


As you can see from yesterday's Couponing 101 Post it is truly incredible what is possible. Another question we seem to get a lot is if it is all too good to be true. Could there really be hobby that costs me nothing and saves me thousands? YES! Just a little effort can add up to a lot of savings! I have cut my food and grocery budget from $550 per month down to $150 per month since the beginning of 2009!

We NEVER pay for items like toothpaste, toothbrushes, shaving cream, lotion or shavers (among many other things)! Imagine if all you did was cut these five items out of your budget!

And that is just for a family of two!




The blessings of this hobby/lifestyle has allowed us to do the following just during the past year alone:
◦ Create an Emergency Fund
◦ Pay off our car loan
◦ Pay for all our Christmas gifts
◦ Save enough to re-carpet our house
◦ Significantly increase our ability to give to friends and family in need
Alyssa and I were just talking last night about how blessed we are to have found such a great way to help provide for our families. It took so much stress out of Christmas this year and now we are able to stock of on post-Christmas sales for Christmas 2010 without reservation due to budget constraints. Even if all couponing did for us was to take the stress out of the Holidays...it would be worth it!
My hope is that our story will inspire you to give couponing a try this year. Even if all you do is one deal per week, I promise, it will be worth it!
Now does that put things in perspective for you or what?  I really like the second part.  If you see all the match-ups and deals and feel overwhelmed just start small start with a few things, your favorite pharmacy and do what they mention, stop paying for just 5 items to improve your finances.  Once you do that you will be hooked and want to save more! I am also a family of two and I can say I cut my budget from $450 to $250 working down to $200 this year and $150 next year.  It can be done and although I don't celebrate holidays it alleviated stress for us when my husband was out of work for 16 months!
Thanks Bargain Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment