A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reminder of Free File your taxes from at IRS.gov from Monroe on a Budget


Monroe on a Budget posted a great reminder about free file.  In case you haven't heard of it, if your 2009 federal adjusted gross income $57,000 or less you can file your federal taxes free through this program.  For more information go here.  I have been doing this for years ever since I was 19.  When I was 19 I did for free through a phone service and as soon as this was available I did it online.  So I have been filing for free for 10 years.  I usually use Turbotax through this program.  Last year as it was the first time I went to an accountant as it was my first time filing with my husband and that was the way he preferred to do it.  But I really do love this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment