A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Use your tax refund to save money in the long run Courtesy of Monroe on a Budget



Here are some great suggestions and some of which I already have plans to implement.  I definitely will be paying off some debt, buying some things to get organized for my basement (and thus be better to stockpile more) setting up a budget to get new windows and a large freezer by year end, just to name a few.  Here are some highlights of things you can do:

•Purchase the office supplies you need to get on a grocery savings routine.


•Pay off or pay down a credit card or a debt.
•Buy a slow-cooker, electric griddle, beginner’s cookbook, coffee pot, a new set of pots and pans or whatever you need in the kitchen to make it possible to cook more real food at home.
•Take a DIY class. When you learn skills such as home canning, sewing, gardening, furniture repair, computer diagnostics, lawn maintenance and bookkeeping, you no longer have to pay someone else to provide those services for you.

•Buy a financial software package for your computer or a personal finance app for your mobile phone. You’ll make better long-range plans with your money when you track on a routine basis what you are spending.
 
Check out all the details here.

2 comments:

  1. I love my slow cooker! It saves me a ton of money and I have dinner waiting on me when I get home from work.

    I have a bunch of healthy slow cooker recipes that I post on my blog if you're interested. (http://healthyslowcooking.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I will definitely check it out I am always looking for new slowcooker recipes especially healthy ones. I'll let you know if I get to try any!

    ReplyDelete