A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Blog Goals for 2010 - Do more get better!

I've seen a few other blogs that posted their goals for the year so I thought it would be good for me to do the same.  Some of them seem very personal but are related and only achievable with some of the previous goals and are thus included.
1. Add more attractive content - Try to add more pictures to the posts.  I am a reader and don't particularly need them but 60% of people are not. So I will continue to try to make the posts more appealing and eyecatching.
2. Add more original content - I actually enjoy freelance writing a lot.  I think since I still consider myself a beginning couponer I leave most things up to the experts and use this blog more as a gateway to other information.  But I do want to start writing more reflective and original posts as well.
3. Become more user-friendly - I'm going to try to stop being so lazy and include all information in the specific posts.  Rather than directing readers to search for it own their own.  This will take a while but I want to slowly convert over to doing it. 
4. Be more interactive with other blogs - post more and especially get to know more of the metro Detroit bloggers
5. Track all shopping savings and on-line income
6. Track exercise
7. Track budget and finances and make adjustments as necessary
8. Find a balance, rhythm and a schedule.  Currently there isn't very much that I do on a regular scheduled basis other than the grocery store roll call.  Eventually I want to get to a regular schedule but that won't be for a while.  I also need to balance getting healthy recipes posted and other healthy tips since my blog is about "keeping yourself and your wallet lean."  I need to always incorporate both. 
8. Send out more rebates
9. Take a vacation this year

No comments:

Post a Comment