A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Goals for my tax return


 

In accordance with one of the posts I wrote below as I now have my W-2 here are my goals of how to use it wisely and not go on a wild spending spree.  We did pretty well last year but could've done better. 

Catch up on all property taxes

Catch up on student loan payments

Catch up on heating bill payments

Pay off 401K Loan (was used to carpet home)

Pay off one credit card (preferably highest if possible, husband has one I have 2)

Pay 50% of remaining to cards and work plan to get them paid off

Start overpaying mortgage to work down principal and try to refinance within 6 months

Start overpaying car loan

Start IRA for husband by June

Start high interest checking account

If able buy bedroom furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment