A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Living Cheaply for the Long-Term Courtesy of Wisebread




Here are some strategies for reducing your overall expenses in the long run although some require spending some money up front. I plan to do a lot of things on this list after I get my tax return such as investing more and I have held off on buying certain things because I need to be able to afford to get good quality.


Here are some highlights of the article:

Strategies

Buy stuff that lasts.

Buy stuff that reduces future expenses.

Stock up when things are cheap.

Buy things that earn money.

Take care of your stuff.

Best practices

Evaluate your budget against your needs.

Analyze fixed costs.

Learn how to do things yourself.

Check out the full details and how to apply them in the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment