A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Grocery Summary


So here is my monthly summary.  I was able to purchase $677.60 worth of food, household goods, personal products and a few minor household maintenance things for $228.41 for an overall savings of 66.29%.  I exceeded slightly my budget of $220 but this was my first attempt at a reduced budget and I am proud of those results.  I also learned a lot from my new spreadsheet as Macomb Money Savers had provided some great references and the one I chose has me separate out store savings and discounts and coupons.  My total savings were $475.72 but only $278.18 came from coupons or 58.48%.  That shows that matching the coupons with the sales is where the true savings come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment