A blog about keeping yourself and your expenses lean in Oakland County, Michigan.



SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Guest Post: Trouble with Target Coupons Courtesy of Totally Target

Questions from my Inbox:

Here it is Thursday again. Some of you may notice that posts can sometimes be slim on Thursdays, it is usually because I am hard at work on matchups for the New Ad. That is exactly what I am doing now, but I want to take a minute and address something that is heavy on my mind. My e-mail, particularly those that contain questions from readers.

It is very hard sometimes with the sheer volume of e-mail I get to answer it all. Actually- for me it is impossible to answer it all. It’s a horrible feeling to want to answer everyone’s questions and pleas for help when I just can’t manage to do that and keep the blog up at the same time. That being said- I always welcome e-mails from the readers- but I would like to try and take some time out at the very least once a week and answer the most popular questions from my inbox in case I can’t answer them all on a one-to-one basis.
Maybe this will help not only the readers who have e-mailed me about these topics, but those who have wondered what to do and have not reached out. Here are a few that I get frequently and all pretty much have the same possible solutions.

MY TARGET STORE WILL NOT ADJUST A COUPON DOWN – IS THIS RIGHT?

MY TARGET WILL NOT ACCEPT A STORE COUPON AND A MANUFACTURER’S COUPON ON ONE ITEM

MY STORE SAYS THEY CANNOT ADJUST A COUPON DOWN IF I USE BOTH A STORE COUPON & MANUF. COUPON

There are several variations of these- sometimes they are questions, sometimes they are complaints, sometimes it is just expressing frustration. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have your store tell you these things, but if you are experiencing any of these, here’s a few things you may want to try that may lead to a solution. It is my recommendation that you stay very calm, cool and polite. Although it is frustrating, to be riled up about something doesn’t usually serve much purpose.

1. Bring the Coupon Policy with you when you shop. You can print it HERE.
This policy contains some very important points, two of which refute the problems above:
• We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.

2. If you are denied by the cashier, show him/her the policy
Maybe they are new, maybe they don’t understand, who knows. But having the policy in black and white for them to look at may help.

3. If you are STILL denied by the cashier, ask to speak with a manager
That may solve your problem right there. IF it does not, you can now show the policy to the manager and ask why that is, if the policy specifically states otherwise. If the situation is that the manager will not adjust a coupon down because you are using a Target Coupon as well, ask he/she to please read it again. The line in the policy even mentions “after other discounts and coupons are applied.”

4. If you are STILL denied by the manager
Get on your cell if possible, and call corporate from the store: 1.800.440.0680 and explain your situation. Let them know the location that you are at, and that you have the policy in your hand, but for some reason the store is not honoring it and could they please help you by speaking to them. If you are unable to call from the store- you can try to resolve it by calling corporate when you get home.

I hope this helps, and although these are things you may feel you shouldn’t have to do- if you can resolve these issues with your store, then it may save you time and money and frustration in the future.

My thoughts: Bringing the Target Coupon Policy is a must!  Target is a great place to stock up on trial size items, work their Gift Card deals and occassionally get a lot of other things for cheap. But they also seem to be known around the blogosphere as not one of the coupon-friendlist places!  I have a huge beautiful glorious Target 15 minutes away that always gives me hassle but that is were all the great deals are.  I have had to leave a cart full of things unbought (because I didn't have the coupon policy on me and didn't have corporate programmed in my phone!)  So be sure to do that now.  Honestly I just get a deal here and there at the smaller closer ones because it is usually not worth the hassle for me.  If Target is close to you and a good store for you be sure to use these tips!  Thanks Totally Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment